Attavar, Mangalore - 575001
Ph: 0824 2445858
Fax: 0824 2428379
KMC Hospital Attavar was commissioned in 1992 as the first Cancer hospital in the city and today it is a 600 bed multi specialty hospital renowned for its medical expertise, nursing care and quality of diagnostics. Being attached to the Medical College, the hospital has earned a very good recognition as a leader in providing world-class healthcare services to the common man at an affordable cost. The hospital is continuously in tune with the latest technology that promotes most modern healthcare and well being of the patient.
KMC Hospital is a forerunner towards social service. It has been active towards promoting a proactive approach to diseases. Conducting free health checkup, camps and CME’s has been a regular feature to spread awareness among the medical fraternity and the general masses.
KMC Hospital Attavar have been has many Firsts recorded against its name
- The first geriatric ward dedicated for the sick inmates of Abhaya Ashraya, (a home for the aged) by giving them free food, beds and excellent medical care.
- The first to start a diabetes clinic in the city of Mangalore which has got more than 3000 people registered.
- The first to have diabetes education programme for the patients through diabetes club. 560 members and children with diabetes are getting free care through the club today.
- The first to have Cancer Registry in Mangalore.
- The first to start laparoscopic surgery and stapling for hemorrhoids.
- The first to have Infectious disease unit which treats all infections including HIV and has treated near 2000 HIV patients and has been responsible for the long time survival of nearly 750 patients who have been with us leading healthy lives even after 10 years of diagnosis.
- The first to offer care to Rheumatology including Pediatric Rheumatology patients.
KMC Hospital Attavar is also a research hub with the Clinical trials and Community projects. Clinical Pharmacology department born in KMC hospital Attavar in 1994 is a world class centre today which impresses international sponsors.
- Audiology & Speech Language Pathology
- Critical Care Medicine
- General Medicine
- Medical Oncology
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Paediatric Surgery
- General Surgery
- Hematology Oncology
- Radiation Oncology
- Radiology & Imaging
- Respiratory Medicine/TBRD
- 610 bed strength at KMCHAT
- Over 118 consultants
- Over 570 well-trained support staff
- 2.5 Nurses Per bed
- Insurance & TPA assistance
- Intensive Care Unit, PICU & NICU
- 24* 7 Services
- State-of-the-Art Ambulance Services
- Diagnostic Services (CT, MRI, Ultrasound, X-Ray & CR)
- Laboratory Services (NABL Accredited)
- Medical Store
- 8 Operation Theaters
- International standard Audiology lab
- Labour ward
- Mortuary & Embalming of body
- Respiratory Lab
- Yoga Therapy & Life Style Modification Clinic
- Cosmetology Laser Treatment